Exotic hedgehog rescue - Homeless Hogs.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome to the Rescue Forum

+3
enola69
petscrazy
animal addict
7 posters

Go down

welcome to the Rescue Forum Empty welcome to the Rescue Forum

Post by animal addict Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:52 pm

This forum has been purely set up to assist the rescue service raise its profile, provide feedback and news bulletins about the word we are undertaking and in keeping contact with its official supporters and carers - there are a lot of hoggie forums and pages out there so our intention is not to add to that but to continue the word of the rescue and to promote the good care of APH and to assist in the rehoming and rescuing of the hedgehogs that need us. In conjunction with our ethics there will be no breeding section and no selling section on this forum and any posts of that manner will be removed. As a rescue we advise that you buy from ethical breeders who register with the APH registry.

animal addict
Admin

Back to top Go down

welcome to the Rescue Forum Empty Hi, new to group

Post by petscrazy Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 am

Hi all i'm just introducing myself and my hogs. My name is Tracy and i own two lovely hedgehogs, one was from this rescue and his name is Spudrik, although we call him Spud, our other is a little girl called Chocolate Chip. We adopted Spud about 5-6 weeks ago, we travelled around 2 hours each way for this little man, and on first meeting him i was in love, he is a very handsome boy probably around 3 yrs old. He has settled quite well although still quite huffy but is starting o come around, it doesnt stop him sitting on my knee and eating meal worms, hes such a character and clever, it only took him a day to learn that i would leave him a few mealworms in his dish and out he'd come, scoff them all and go back to bed. He loves being on the run in my daughters room, and boy can he run! I brought him a new wheel rather than using the one i had, and he would not even go in it, eventually i swopped the wheels around again for the silent spinner type and now hes well away. I used to own 4 hedgehogs some years ago and lost some to old age and one to whs, it was so sad. I also own various other animals, hence my name "petscrazy" so have quite alot of experience with allsorts of animals. Anyway nice to have joined and will keep you updated about Spud, hes just venturing around his new viv at the min. Smile

petscrazy

Back to top Go down

welcome to the Rescue Forum Empty Re: welcome to the Rescue Forum

Post by enola69 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:32 am

hi tracey!!

Glad to hear he is doing well!

enola69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowangate Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:27 am

Welcome Tracey, do keep us all updated on Spud's progress. Perhaps you might like to write a thread for the success stories section
Rowangate
Rowangate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorParry Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 am

Hi! New to the group today Very Happy
My name's Tor and currently own 4 amazing APH's and soon to be the new mummy to Babs! An egyptian long earred hog currently at her carer's in Devon Smile I was delighted when I was offered Babs to adopt and can't wait until the end of April when I make the 8 hour round journey to get her! I also breed my APH's and strive to breed athically by reaching standards set by the APH club UK. I also have 3 naughty and attention seeking cats, 2 gorgeous dogs (one being my lovely pug puppy Very Happy) and a tortoise Smile xx
TorParry
TorParry

http://www.prickly-pets.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by animal addict Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm

hiya Tor - thanks for joining :-) we are in the process of sorting out your application to become an official carer so if you can give us a few more days then you should have an email! Ooohh 8 hours is a good effort! I cant wait to see piccies of Babs settling in :-) not long now!

animal addict
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TorParry Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 am

Thank you! Very Happy I know, gonna get a hotel so don't have to do the full journey in one day lol can't wait to bring her home! xx
TorParry
TorParry

http://www.prickly-pets.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caztek Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Great news Smile

Caztek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aphid Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi,

I'm Katie and back in July I re-homed a female Africa pygmy hedgehog from a friend of a friend who realised they weren't right for each other.  Her name is Chutney and she's now about 18 months old.  Life has not been the same since she moved in.

I thought it would be good to make a few on-line "hedgehog" friends so here I am!

Looking forward to chatting and learning.

Take care,

Katie

aphid

Back to top Go down

Post by animal addict Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:03 pm

hello and welcome! What a fab name for a hedgie! Looking forward to hearing more from you also :-)

animal addict
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aphid Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Aw, thanks. I'm hoping I can get some good support and offer whatever I can in return.
I can't take credit for the name as she came with it. I think it was something to do with knowing another hog called Branston (as in Branston Pickle/Prickle). Smile

aphid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down