Exotic hedgehog rescue - Homeless Hogs.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Levi Video

4 posters

Go down

Levi Video Empty Levi Video

Post by animal addict Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Levi tends to have a bit of a hissy fit still when you first get him out but he does tend to settle down a little - my OH isnt bothered by his biting at all which has been really helpful in teaching him to trust us humanoids ...

please excuse the mess in the background - its mostly a spare rescue cage and rescue paraphernalia and OH's overnight stuff lol - I hope you like the video - we both are really welshy and good at innane chatter lol - I talk to Levi all the time and as he lives in my living room he's used to it lol and often sits there eating from his bowl with me rabbitting on to him ...

Levi Video Th_MOV02793

animal addict
Admin

Back to top Go down

Levi Video Empty Re: Levi Video

Post by Caztek Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Wow I have to say I'm really impressed he's come on leaps and bounds. I know he bit your OH but flippen heck he behaved like an angel in comparison to what he was like. I think he will always be a self harmer which is sad , but he obviously feels safe with you. It's great to see how much he's changed from when I first picked him up Smile

Caztek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by animal addict Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:09 am

Thank you caz :-) yes, hes much improved :-) Regular handling and some general care and attention has really made a difference - we havent done anything amazing with him other than spend time with him but it just goes to show that all hogs should be given a chance which is what we all at the rescue stands for :-)

animal addict
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by animal addict Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 am

I do wish though he would stop the self harm - its really distressing to watch !! Thankfully that has improved a lot though but I think you are right in that he is always going to do it to some extent!

animal addict
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Thats a fab video :-D you are both great with him x

Kirsty

Back to top Go down

Post by St.Ives Soo Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Wow, that's an amazing transformation, it just goes to show what a little love and attention [well a lot really] can do. Brilliant, and well done x
St.Ives Soo
St.Ives Soo

Back to top Go down

Post by animal addict Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 pm

did Erin like his kisses to her Sue?!! lol

The next job is to try and get to his back nails!! In all the time he's been here I have never been able to get to his back nails and thankfully they havent been fast growing but I have noticed recently that they are needing doing now - they look really thick too so I can imagine its going to be lots of fun!!

animal addict
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down